Drive type:
Citron 4 speed
Interior color:
green leather
Vehicle Title:
Clear
Contact the seller / ! Report

Description

This is a 1960 Formula Junior T52 that is powered by a BMC engin, luminum bod, ooper wheel, eriod correct Citron transmission and is in excellent conditio, accepted this car in a trade for another car and began I sympathetic restoration on the ca, t was running, hiftin, raking etc but did not measure up to current vintage safety rule, o I had a premier formula restoration shop compete the update that included the building of a fuel cell ( I have the original aluminum fuel tank ) I had the frame stripped and repainted correct colo, eplaced all the brake lines and component, ad all the gauges rebuil, eupholstered seat and steering whee, esealed gearbo, eplace all the engine wiring and switche, oses, nbsp; jet coated exhaus, ebuilt the car, ligned the car properl, epainted the aluminum shel, ew tires on order (dunlops ) car has original oil cooler so has never been wrecke, had a removable roll bar added to comply with bar height above drivers head I have limited records but do have documents where it was raced in the 80's vintage (SVRA) in South Florida and won it's clas, here is also a picture of the car with Formula one racer Roy Salvadori sitting in it with a for sale sign in his han, have no idea of his connection to the car .I know little of this cars histor, t may have been one of 4 imported by Briggs Cunningham for 1960 but unconfirme, pparently less than 10 were imported to the US . I have not driven this car "in battle" but love it for it's appearance but my wife won't let me place in our foyer as AR, nbsp;LO, have several vintage race cars and I am actively racing but have never raced an open wheel car .
History of Cooper T52 marqueTheCooper T52was the first series ofFormula Juniorracing cars produced by theCooper Car Company, uilt for the 1960 racing season. Its chassis frame comprised four longitudinal tubes with hoops at the cowl and behind the driver. Unequal length A arms supported the car with coil springs at the front and a transverse leaf spring at the rear.BMCprovided the power-plant with the 'A' series engine married to aCitroƫnbox.John Surteesdebuted on four wheels in a Cooper T52 atGoodwoodin March 1960 when he came second toJim Clark. the T52 was one of the first rear engined formula cars and quickly out paced their Lotis FJ cars until Lotus introduced their new car in 196, otable that two world champions started in T52 with John Surtees being the only world champion F1 and Motorcycle World ChampionI would recommend that someone buy it that understands these cars and shake it dow, une it and drive i, t is very cool

Other classic cars for sale